Thursday, December 1, 2011

Korte

A month or so ago, my mom & I walked into a sporting goods store.  They were having a big sale on skis.  My mom was looking for some new skis, and I came along for something to do.  I had tried skiing last year and I had lots of fun.  I wasn’t particularly interested in buying skis…Until… Well, let’s just say we had a good salesman (who was a pro skier himself) and the next thing I knew, I was the proud owner of some cross country skis.

To make a long story short, my mom, sister & I are all signed up for the Kortelopet ski race next February, in Hayward (we went last year when my cousin participated in the Birkie).  I am very excited- to say the least. :)  Yesterday we got the conformation postcards in the mail.  Yay!


We got some more snow today, let’s hope we get more soon!
xoxo

3 comments:

Can do mom said...

Woo Hoo! I can't believe we're really going to do it! :)

We need to start doing the snow dance so we can get out skiing.

xoxo

Libbie said...

FUn!! Yes I hope you guys get some snow now! I am missing it right now for Christmas! We have NONE here! Have just as much fun training as you do that day!!!

Jillian said...

Just catching up on your blog, and saw this.
I love winter sports. I'm an okayish skier, but I love snowboarding. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Also, one of my BEST friends moved to Hayward from Illinois, so say hi if you run into her... Jk.
She could probably tell you were kombucha is found though.