Monday, August 15, 2011

Duluth

We’re back from our vaca! We went to our cabin for a week like we do every summer. There’s about a million photos (why does that always happen?) so I’m going to post abut the day trip we took to Duluth. If you live around the area you should go! It’s for sure one of my favsies towns! We started the day off right with lunch and then we toured this mansion, that isn’t actually in Duluth, it’s in Superior. But they’re neighbors, so it’s all good. Then we went to my favorite part of this annual trip- the lake. I love sitting on the rocks watching the water. It’s so relaxing. Then we went downtown to the Blue Heron, a really adorable kitchen store. Definitely a place I would go again. We met up with my aunt & uncle who live in Duluth, & headed to the beach for a while. By this time we were noticing dark clouds gathering on the horizon so my uncle and Daniel (he wanted to ride on the motorcycle so my aunt rode in the car with us) hurried home so they wouldn’t get wet. We concluded the day with dinner at Sarah’s Table, an organic restaurant. It started pouring as we drove back to the cabin and there were storm warnings everywhere. It took us a while to get back there, but thank goodness, we made it safe and sound. It was a great day brimming with fun memories. See you next summer, Duluth!

P1020983

P1020987
P1030002
P1030003
P1030010
P1030022
P1030037
P1030047
P1030050
P1030055
P1030065
P1030085
P1030086
Happy Monday! This is going to be a great week, I can already tell.

3 comments:

♥ Kimmi's Korner ♥ said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I'm loven' your sisters sparkle toms, and your cute shorts too!<3<3<3
~Kimmi

Leah Marie said...

Thanks! They’re actually just my old jeans from Delia’s that I cut off- good double use! :)

Can do mom said...

Fun in God's country way up north... :) I'm thankful we're blessed by our cabin escape each year!